RSS

Recent Posts

Comfort Zone
Halloween Participation
What Are you doing with your oil?
powered by

My Blog

What Are you doing with your oil?

Your oil represents the valuable resources that God has already given you, such as your talents, skills, abilities, spiritual gifts, financial blessings... In 2 Kings 4:1-7, the prophet, Elisha, asked the widow a question. Her response was "nothing except..." Often we fail to realize what we already possess, so take some time out of your hectic life to realize what God has already placed in your possession. After your evaluation, consider this: What are you doing with your oil?

11 Comments to What Are you doing with your oil?:

Comments RSS
Karen Rodgers on Monday, October 24, 2011 7:06 PM
I am praying God's blessing on the work you and Pastor Gay are doing. My cup is running over with oil, so I find myself sharing it with others. I share the Fathers love and blessings with my clients everyday. I have become a member of Branch Grove Missionary Baptist Church where my shepard is Pastor G. Lucian Ward. In my church family I share my oil in our weekly Bible study and mentoring. My oil is full of wisdom, education, love, and a heart as big as Texas. I look forward to following your blog and success as you both work in God's vineyard.
Reply to comment

Evangelist Gay on Tuesday, October 25, 2011 7:32 AM
Hi Karen! Thank you for the prayers on behalf of all our hands are finding to do for the Lord's glory. It is wonderful that the knowledge and wisdom is being shared in the workplace and in your local congregation. Praise God for Branch Grove MBC!!! Continue to use the oil(s) in your life to satisfy the needs in your life and the lives of others!

remesa robinson on Tuesday, October 25, 2011 1:34 AM
Love this websites very beautifully put to together I use my oils to help me and others on daily bases in this life its so hard to get alonge and my God given oil help me to make it through
Reply to comment

Evangelist Gay on Tuesday, October 25, 2011 7:46 AM
Hi Remesa! Thank you for the compliment. Like the widow in 2 Kgs 4:1-7, it maybe be hard to get along initially, but as we take into account all the resources we have we can realize that provisions have already been made. I found that my oil was my ability to create..crochet items, a website, and His Word on the inside of me. All of which to share with others. My oil can be my Cricut machine, which can be a way to bring funds in so I can be a blessing to others. I speak life over your hard situations for God's promises to His children are life and life more abundantly (Proverbs 18:21; John 10:10)!

Patrina Clayton on Tuesday, October 25, 2011 5:04 PM
Hello, Your comments truly help me through the day. I will make sure I log on everyday to read your uplifting posts. Please keep me in your prayers!
Reply to comment

Evang Gay on Thursday, October 27, 2011 10:32 PM
I sure will keep you in my prayers. Be sure to check back weekly for a new blog topic.

Shameka Fee on Tuesday, October 25, 2011 5:06 PM
I have had to take a look back at myself in the recent weeks, because I have truly noticed how I am not using the talents that God has given me to the best of my ability. And the fact that I was trying to use them with my ability and not the ability through the Holy Spirit, really dealt with me. As I sit here today reflecting on my oil storage, it has dwindled to a low amount, but I thank God for a praying circle of sisters and brothers that He has placed in my life. I woke up this morning with a renewed sense of purpose. I have to stop walking through my life giving my oil away to the ashy, nasty, almost trashy people, and save it for the ones that desires to be restored, renewed, brand spanking shiny and new. Amen, and Amen. Thank you Pastor and Evangelist Gay.
Reply to comment

Evang Gay on Thursday, October 27, 2011 10:39 PM
Reflections allow us to see things clearly. Your oil can be your machinery and the skills to use them. Like the widow (1 Kgs 4:1-7), you can reflect on what you have... then use it to accomplish more for His glory. Your renewed sense of purpose compensates for the "oil leaks" that sap your resevoir. God is your source of peace and prosperity. Peace, be still!

Kathryn Bryant on Monday, October 31, 2011 4:22 PM
Anything that I have received was from the father. That being said, it is not mine to do what I wish or hope to do. The oil was given for others and the upbringing of God's kingdom. As the Psalms 23:5 states, "...Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou aanointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.." He prepares and fills the cup that my enemies may be bless from the overflow. I come to the realization that I should have long time ago and that is that I not here for me. I have been annointed to do the Lord's work...as John 3:27-30 states, "...A person can receive only what is given them from heaven. You yourselves can testify that I said, ‘I am not the Messiah but am sent ahead of him. The bride belongs to the bridegroom. The friend who attends the bridegroom waits and listens for him, and is full of joy when he hears the bridegroom’s voice. That joy is mine, and it is now complete. He must become greater; I must become less.”..that is where I am using my oil for Christ to become greater and for Kathy to become less. Just an empty vessel ready to be filled with the daily bread (oil) that he has prepared for me each day.
Reply to comment

Evang Gay on Sunday, November 06, 2011 12:58 PM
The source of our "oil" or our resources is truly the Father. His grace is sufficient and is above all that we can ask or think. Like the woman in 2 Kings 4:1-7 think about what God has already blessed you with that you can use to pay any debt and then use to sustain your family. Who can find a more virtuous woman? Entrepreneurs are in the making of discovering what you already have, because God is your source to greatness in Him.

Anonymous on Friday, May 24, 2013 11:56 PM
I appreciate you comment. Keep your oil burning.
Reply to comment